A wide range of initiatives is possible for a Europe that is solidarity-based and humane. Civil society should become active to achieve this.
The International Day Against Racism, around March 21st, is suitable for this. This day is a focal point for initiatives and collaborations and can be extended to one or more weeks.
Much work is required to reduce racism and right-wing populism in European countries. With a German-language Initiative as a model, we aim to start this work.
We are looking forward to activities in also other countries and languages.
We will start with exemplary initiatives around March 21st 2022:
- Thematic events such as lectures, discussions or readings in which other cooperation partners and, above all, people affected by racism are involved;
- Convince prominent personalities to support the UN Day and the Weeks against Racism;
- Conversations between police and people affected by racism;
- Religious celebrations, involving people of other religions, in order to reduce mutual reservations;
- Anti-racist Tours along places of remembrance, synagogues, mosques or refugee shelters;
- Many creative possibilities are also possible: e.g. in schools, the fire brigade, in sports, at clubs, companies or municipalities.
The undersigned will make an effort to initiate one or more events around March 21, 2022:
Geert Ates, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Eva Balcarova, Prague, Czech Republic
Günter Burkhardt, Frankfurt / M., Germany
John Graversgaard, Aarhus, Denmark
Balint Josa, Budapest, Hungary
Elke Alexandra Kammerer, Linz, Austria
Reinhard Leonhardsberger, Linz, Austria
Barbara Liegl, Vienna, Austria
Jürgen Micksch, Darmstadt, Germany
Andreas Nufer, Bern, Switzerland
Tikho Ong, Rotterdam, Netherlands
Mirek Prokes, Prague, Czech Republic
Helge Ratzer, Aarhus, Denmark
Martin Rozumek, Prague, Czech Republic
Ludo Segers, Antwerp, Belgium
Zuzana Stevulova, Bratislava, Slovakia
Claudio Tocchi, Torino, Italy
Chika Uzor, St. Gallen, Switzerland
Mikulas Vymetal, Prague, Czech Republic
Peter Weisenbacher, Bratislava, Slovakia
Roos Ykema, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Working group “Solidaric Europe. Together against racism “(SolE)
c/o Foundation for the International Weeks Against Racism, Goebelstrasse 21a,
D – 64293 Darmstadt
Tel. +49-6151-33 99 71
The UNITED event Calendar gathers and documents activities to inform the public.
Please keep UNITED for Intercultural Action informed about your activities: email@example.com